The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with a demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty, and staff of diverse backgrounds.
Addiction Research and Treatment Services has an opening for a Phlebotomist and Abstinence Monitor – Psychiatry – 30417
This position accurately collects and handles appropriate patient biological samples for diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease in support of AOP’s clinical and medical operations. The position is also responsible for collecting urinalysis specimens from patients (observation of same-sex urine specimen provision), as well as conducting breathalyzer testing of patients and recording the results. This position requires working at all three of the ARTS locations, on a rotating schedule throughout the week.
Standard working hours are Monday through Friday, 5:00am to 1:30pm. This position may work periodically on some Saturdays from 5:00am to 10:00am. This is based on the need of the agency, not to exceed 40 hours per week.
The Phlebotomist and Abstinence Monitor position will be supervised by the Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) Program Director. This position is responsible for performing duties including, but not limited to, the following:
- Procure blood from patients by venipuncture, finger-stick, heel-stick, or other appropriate techniques to obtain blood samples for analysis, perform phlebotomy-related functions according to guidelines established by applicable regulatory agencies.
- Accurately labels, processes, and delivers specimens for testing and/or analysis, adheres to universally accepted standards in ensuring the cleanliness of work area and appropriately maintains, supplies and equipment, and performs inventory and general maintenance as required.
- Performs clerical tasks at AOP clinics as necessary or assigned, including answering calls and entering data, ensures patient is correctly identified through the patient health record system and resolves errors or questionable orders in a timely manner, and maintain knowledge of proper procedure for the collection, processing, and shipping of blood and/or other biological samples.
- Strictly adhere to and uphold all applicable federal and state compliance regulations, compliance policies and procedures, records test results accurately in patient’s health records, and continuously maintains accurate and up-to-date patient records and/or notes as required by policy.
- Gathers and/or reports patient statistical data for reporting purposes.
- Periodically perform Front desk/Reception duties, including but not limited to providing in-person and telephone reception, providing information on program services, administer confidential patient records and information, as well as other general clinic front desk duties, and work comfortably among patients with, or in the process of recovering from, substance use disorder.
- Other duties as assigned by MAT Program Director.
Apply Online – Phlebotomist and Abstinence Monitor